Many owners and senior managers find themselves having to execute projects which fall outside their company’s core area of business and as such suitable expertise and resources are not available internally.
Newman Eventus specialise in the management of small, one-off projects or sub-projects, particularly those which are difficult, unexpected, or unusual in some way and require us to show initiative, make timely decisions, and work with minimal support or client direction.
While not a main contractor, Newman Eventus can offer support to owners and clients in a variety of ways including:
- Managing an urgent project to address a safety concern, repair damage, or deliver to an unexpected deadline.
- Taking over the management of a defined area of a project which is not being addressed or is under-performing, e.g. a vendor package, a design package, a tender process, site mobilisation, etc.
- Analysing a project or package to determine reasons for underperformance.
- Acting as client representative at a vendor’s premises.
- Acting as interim project manager while the project team is being assembled.
The added value of Newman Eventus comes in the form of a unique blend of technical, commercial, and HR knowledge which can be successfully applied in a highly structured yet pragmatic manner across a complex environment involving diverse stakeholders and interests.
Newman Eventus has experience in the following areas of project execution:
- Conceptual design and concept selection
- Pre-FEED and FEED
- Contractor selection and management
- Equipment selection, procurement, and vendor management
- Detailed design and EPC
- Fabrication and construction
- Handover to operations
- Brownfield modifications and retrofitting